In September of 1862 a young man named Anton Dreps and his wife Josephine bought the 80 acre farm that this restaurant now occupies. The farm included a log cabin that in 1881 Anton essentially built his brick farmhouse around. Many of the rooms in the restaurant still contain the original 130 year old hand hewn log beams used to support the floors.
Members of the Dreps family continued to farm this land for over 100 years. In 1891 the farm expanded to include what is now the Pine Hills Country Club and Golf Course. Like most farmers of that era, teams of horses were used to farm the land. In the picture to the left, Hilbert and William Dreps are sitting on one of the work horses called ‘Birdy’, a blind horse. After finding this information in the Sheboygan County Historical archives, we felt compelled to name the restaurant The Blind Horse.
In 1984 “Dreps Acres” was named a Sheboygan County Landmark and still retains its original Kohler address.